COOPERATIVES AND RENEWABLES - Electric cooperatives across the country are actively expanding their fuel portfolios to include an array of renewable sources. Currently, 95 percent of NRECA's distribution members offer renewable options to 40 million Americans. Co-ops own more than 1.4 GW of renewable capacity and have long-term power purchase agreements (PPAs) for nearly 8.8 GW — in addition to roughly 10 GW of preference power contracts with federal hydroelectric facilities. Co-ops plan to add more than 6 GW of additional renewable capacity over the next few years, with more announced every day.
CONSIDERING A RENEWABLE ENERGY INSTALLATION?
- Cooperative Renewable Energy Guide [PDF] - Questions you need to address before installing a renewable generation system!
- Ohio Solar 101 - Avoid suprises later and tips to selecting a solar contractor!
- Touchstone Energy 10 Steps to Take Before Installing Solar [PDF] - Energy information to help answer questions you may have.
- Renewable Energy Resource Information - Materials provided by the U.S. Department of Energy and other agencies
NET METERING FORMS AND RATE SCHEDULES
- Application for Distributed Resource [PDF] - This form must be completed and submitted to the cooperative prior to installing a renewable system!
- Agreement--Interconnection of Net Metered Facility [PDF] - completed by the utility
- Agreement--Service for Small Power Production Facility [PDF] - completed by the utility
- Firelands Electric Cooperative's Technical Requirements for Interconnection [PDF]
- Single-Phase Distribution Generation - Schedule DG [PDF]
- Large-Phase Distribution Generation - Schedule DG2 [PDF]
These documents can be downloaded and printed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you would more information regarding renewable energy, contact our Member Services department here or call 1-800-533-8658.