The A Team
Education helps shape the leaders of tomorrow. That’s why Firelands Electric includes it as one of our seven core principles. During 2017, the cooperative is introducing a new program to encourage students to strive for academic excellence. Students in grades 6-8 are invited to become part of “The A Team” and be recognized for their hard-work and dedication to education.
Here’s how it works!
• Students in grades 6-8, whose parents or guardians are members of Firelands Electric Co-op, are eligible to apply.
• Students must have a minimum of three A’s on their most recent report card (less than six months old).
• A copy of the report card must be submitted by mail to: Firelands Electric Co-op, Attn: The A Team, PO Box 32, One Energy Place, New London, OH 44851. Report cards may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Be sure to include the following information with your entry: student’s name, age, school, grade, address, phone number, parents’ name(s), and email address (if applicable).
• Entries will be put into a drawing for each grading period. Drawings will take place on Feb. 10, April 10, July 10, and Dec. 10.
• Three students will win an iTunes gift card at each drawing.
• Students can win only one prize per 12-month period.
• Winners from each drawing will also have their photo published in an upcoming issue of Country Living magazine and will be featured on the co-op’s website and social media.
Click HERE to see the winners for each grading period!