Touchstone Energy Achievement Scholarship
The Touchstone Energy® Achievement Scholarship was created to reward those students who have committed themselves to the pursuit of a college education despite unique personal challenges which may have befallen them. This special scholarship rewards those students expressing the Touchstone Energy brand core values in their lives:
- Accountability – the candidate demonstrates a high level of maturity through accountability for their actions;
- Integrity – the candidate expresses the highest standards of character;
- Innovation – the candidate demonstrates innovation and determination in coping with their circumstances;
- Commitment to Community – the candidate has good citizenship traits and a record of contribution to their local community.
Firelands Electric Co-op awards the top student a $500 scholarship. This student is then eligible to compete for one of six additional $2,100 scholarships in the statewide competition at Ohio's Electric Cooperatives on April 12, 2017.
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants must be a graduating high school senior, whose parents or legal guardian are members of Firelands Electric Cooperative. Candidates are evaluated on how well their activities reflect the Touchstone Energy core values, as well as their drive and dedication toward achieving a college education despite any personal obstacles or special challenges they've faced. All application materials are available below for download. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2017.
If you have questions, please click here to contact our Member Services department or call 1-800-533-8658.
2017 Touchstone Energy Achievement Scholarship materials
- 2017 Touchstone Energy Achievement Scholarship Winner (Press Release)
- 2017 Touchstone Energy Achievement Scholarship Qualifications & Procedures [PDF]
- 2017 Touchstone Energy Achievement Scholarship Application [PDF]
- "The Cooperative Difference" November 2015 edition [PDF]
All scholarship materials and forms can be downloaded and completed with Adobe Acrobat Reader.