The seventh core principle of cooperatives is concern for community. This includes the economic well-being of the communities they serve. Firelands Electric recognizes the importance of a strong bond between the co-op and our commercial member-owners.
Rebates for Commercial Members
In addition to its residential rebates, Firelands also offers rebate opportunities for its commercial and industrial members.
- Commercial & Industrial Lighting Lighting Program
- The Commercial and Industrial (C&I) custom lighting program promotes the value of removing wasteful lighting, by replacing inefficient internal and external lighting at a business-member facility receiving power from Firelands Electric Co-op. This program provides a rebate based upon the number of lamp watts reduced when replacing old lighting with energy efficient lighting, and members are eligible for a rebate when specifications are met. Click here for complete details and application materials.
- Commercial & Industrial Energy Audit Program
- The Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Energy Audit Program offers rebate funding to member-businesses for the completion of a professional energy audit. Additional rebates are also available for those businesses that install the electric energy improvements recommended by the audit, thereby encouraging cooperative member-businesses to reduce energy use where applicable. Click here for complete details and application materials.
Firelands is fortunate to have an economic development team at our statewide service organization and power supplier, Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives (OEC), who provides a wide array of services for Firelands Electric and our local communities. OEC can assist new and existing businesses with the following:
- Building and site information
- Introductions to local, regional and state officials
- Local permitting, development and economic development contacts
- Research, rate and load calculations
- Energy efficiency and conservation consultation
- Questline, a technical service that provides energy advice quickly and easily through the “Ask an Expert” hotline and twice-monthly newsletters