Entries are now closed. Check back soon for our next contest!
2019 Electrical Safety Contest
Firelands Electric Cooperative invites children in kindergarten through fifth grade to enter its 2019 Electrical Safety Contest. To enter, students simply need to show off their knowledge of electrical safety by taking the quiz on page 20C in the March issue of Ohio Cooperative Living magazine. A copy is also available by clicking the link below.
Electrical Safety Quiz [PDF]
A parent or guardian must also complete and sign the section at the bottom of the quiz. Submit the completed and signed quiz before 5 p.m. on Friday, March 22 to:
Electrical Safety Contest
Firelands Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 32
New London, OH 44851
Entries may also be scanned and emailed to email@example.com (maximum file size of 10 MB) or dropped off at the cooperative office.
Students who correctly answer a minimum of six questions on the quiz will have their name entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of three restaurant gift cards. In May, as part of National Electrical Safety Month, winners will be featured in the local pages of Ohio Cooperative Living magazine, as well as on Firelands Electric Cooperative’s website and social media outlets. The correct answers to the quiz will also be published in the May issue.
Official contest rules
1. Children must live in a home receiving power from Firelands Electric Cooperative to enter.
2. Children or grandchildren of co-op employees or trustees are not eligible.
3. Students need to currently be in grades K-5.
4. Entries must be received by Firelands Electric Cooperative before 5 p.m. on Friday, March 22.
5. The bottom section of the quiz MUST be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
If you have questions, please contact the Member Services Department at 1-800-533-8658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.